Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prayer Tonight

Dear Heavenly Father,

As I promised, I am trying this. I am going to do my best to post my prayers here because it is easily accessible, and it will keep me focused. So, Lord God, I begin with a major praise report from the weekend! God, I really did hear from you. I relate the Bon Jovi concert of Saturday night. I knew that You told me to buy the tickets for Martin. I went ahead and did it on faith, and things didn't look too bright. It seemed as though he wouldn't even be able to see the concert. I remember second guessing myself and asking You why I bought the tickets after all. And You said, "Just trust Me." I did. And You enabled Him to see it! It ended up being a good experience. One he and I shall not forget. What it did for me, Oh Lord, was to increase my faith. I knew that it was Your will, and even when things looked bleak, it was.

I now pray most humbly for Saturday and that test. I have studied very hard. I have not done the computerized test yet, but I tend to think I won't just because it would be good to lay it all aside unless I have time to go over it somehow. I have studied a lot, and I think the time may be upon me to quit studying, Lord. Please help me to pass all 3 tests the first time. I realize that it will not be easy, but I will be able to do it with Your help.

On to the rest of my prayer list. I pray, Lord God, for the salvation of my best friend, Martin. He has been in great need of You for so long, and he know it, but he is stubborn. Lord God, You know how I feel about him. I love him with an unending love that I just cannot do away with. He is my best friend and more, if the situation were to arise. I pray that Your Holy Spirit will draw him now to You. He is so distraught about life in general. I believe that he will have to go back to England at least one more time for him to realize that he needs You. I know You can change him in one moment. It happens all the time. But it is a process. My Dad not get in the way of what You want to do in Martin's, Martha's, Mom's, or my life. We all need You, Lord.

Give me guidance, Oh God, in raising my daughter. I know that she knows You, and I know she desires to be baptized. But Lord, she needs to be prepared to do it. She needs to be the one who hungers and thirsts after You. I do not have it within me to desire You for her. May she realize how much she needs You and truly begin to rely on You for herself. I pray that You will give me wisdom in teaching her obedience.

I don't know where to being with Dad except to say that we need to have grace--and lots of it--to deal with him. Please help us as we deal with him. May Satan not use him to wreak havoc on our family.

As to David, Kristina, Katie, Nick, Alex, Grandma Bales, and so many more, they need You. I don't even know how to pray. I pray that You will help Mom in the Bible study class tomorrow. And I pray that You will continue to use McKenna Community Church in our lives. Guide Pastor Matt and family.

As to practical moments, I pray for Martin's house to sell and for things to work out with my house and Brian and Audrey. Lord God, You know what is needed in every circumstance. Please help us, Lord. Bring the right person along in Martin's case. You know what is needed in every circumstance.

Lord God, this is the first post. While I may not get through every thing on my list, I feel better for at least having come to You in prayer tonight. Please help me to do it correctly.

In Your Name,
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment