Saturday, February 5, 2011

Satisfied Saturday--A Small Change in Themes

I realize that Friday and Saturday sometimes don't work as I have them laid out.  Sometimes, Friday is not conducive to planning out meals.  It got me thinking this morning.  I think I am going to have the option of having a Satisfied Saturday and a Free-Wheeling Friday on those weeks that meal planning happens on Saturday instead of Friday.  And that is exactly what I am doing today.


This is going to be in line with the pantry challenge!

I need to use the following items:
1.  Hawaiian marinade (bottled)
2.  shake n' bake
3.  cornflake crumbs
4.  peach preserves
5.  molasses

And my mom has asked for me to make a cabbage rolls recipe.

So here goes.

Today was easy because I thought we had gourmet sauce still (but I discovered it was gone!!).  So I found the Hawaiian marinade, and I put it in with some chicken.  I will be going to get some stir-fry veggies and making  some rice.

Here is that cabbage rolls recipe--sounds good!!  I think it is just what my mom wanted.

We have some plain yogurt that needs be used up, and shake n bake is also used in this next recipe, so it's great!  Greek Chicken.  And I just must have these zucchini fritters to accompany it!  We'll have a salad too.

Really easy, this one is!  Pork Chops in Corn Flake Crumbs!  I'll have some creamed corn and some other veggies with this.

Wasn't sure I would find something, but I did!  I am going to make this Hawaiian Sausage and Rice Bake.  I am going to use peach preserves instead of pineapple preserves.

And last but not least, here is a cookie recipe I am going to make using molasses:  WWII Oatmeal Molasses Cookies.

I know I need to be of more help to my mom and Martin this week, so I will mix up the dinner for the following day  the night before so all someone will need to do is pop it in the oven or something like that.  I hope that everyone is okay with these recipes.  I know Martin does not always like my concoctions.  But I get bored with his meat, potatoes, meat, potatoes, bread, sausage, greasy diet!  He is better than he used to be, but certainly not there yet.

Enjoy.  By the way, my recipes from last week were really good!!

And I am linking up with Org Junkie to promote the website Say Mmm.  Check out the site.  I have added the grocery list for one of my recipes to give it a try.

Printable grocery list for cabbage rolls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment