Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well-Spoken Wednesday--Hot Wheels and High Wheels Book Review

From good reads:
Trophy wife Darcy McDaniel has just discovered that, thanks to her embezzling husband, her posh, upper-class life is gone for good. Now she's trading her suburban palace for a trailer park and her weekly salon appointments for a job. Darcy needs a new man--fast--one who'll keep her in the manner she darn well deserves. Problem is, the hottest prospect around is the my-way-or-the-highway hunk who's making off with her beloved Mercedes!
Ex-cop turned repo man John Stark is sure that hiring the furious blonde in his headlights is a colossal mistake. He knows Darcy's high-maintenance, designer-labels-only type--after all, he's used to taking their cars. But he never expected this hellion to have the smarts and the spunk to go from receptionist to repo agent in record time...or to drive him insane with desire. She's the last thing this tall, dark, and dangerous loner needs...and everything he never knew he wanted.


Hot Wheels and High HeelsHot Wheels and High Heels by Jane Graves
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First of all, this would not be my typical book to read.  I had a friend offer to send me two books from her stash.  This is a modern romance all the way, and it is filled with unrealistic, enjoyable romance!

Secondly, I enjoyed this book even more than I thought I would.  I will warn any reader of this book that there are some steamy sex scenes and they unfortunately occur between two unmarried people, but I suppose I did kind of overlook that portion of the book because it was so romantic!  I loved the hero and heroine, and I also enjoyed the fact that it took place in Plano, Texas.  I used to live near there, and I was familiar with the areas the author spoke about.

I truly enjoyed the fact that the two main characters were around 40 years old.  I also enjoyed seeing the strength of the main character.  Although this was a typical romance, the authoress is a gifted storyteller.  There were a few minor twists and turns, and I read this very quickly.  Once I was halfway through, I couldn't put it down.

There were a few "language" issues, but I will say it was minimal compared to some books I have read.  I suppose the book held my interest because I wished that life were as simple as this.  I didn't have to do a lot of thinking during the book--I was just able to enjoy it!


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment