Friday, October 1, 2010

Fortified Friday #2--Trying a Brand New Recipe Book

Well, first of all, I am not quite done with the recipes from last week.  We made most of them.

Meal 1:  Slow Cooker Meatballs with Spaghetti ($5 Dinner Mom p. 65), mixed veggies, garlic bread--Awesome!  Highly recommend  this.  We substituted the spaghetti sauce we had on hand.  It was great and so easy.  


Meal 2:  Chicken Pot Pie with Cheesy Biscuit Topping ($75 Feast  p. 100-101), veggies
Oh, yes!!  This was fantastic!  I substituted my Bisquick for all the flour stuff,  and it was outstanding!  My mom said she would have liked some cream gravy over it because she said that it seemed a little dry.  But it was good!!


Meal 3:  Sweet Potato-Crusted Chicken ($5 Dinner Mom p. 127), butternut squash, sautéed red potatoes
Haven't made it yet.  Will tomorrow.


Meal 4:  Jazzy Ramen Stir-Fry ($75 Feast p. 131)
Oh, you've got to try this!  You won't believe how good it is!!!


Dessert:  Apple Crisp with Crunchy Oat and Brown Sugar Topping ($75 Feast  p. 246)
Haven't made it yet.


It was my mom's birthday on Wednesday, so I made a really good cake for her.  My first Paula Deen recipe!!
Bobby's Caramel Cake.  Check it out.  Five sticks of butter in the recipe!  My mom would have left  the frosting  off, but I liked it.


To this week:


Meal 1:  Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook (All*You) p. 51  "Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Curry"


Meal 2:  Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook (All*You) p.  90 "Maple-Glazed Ham Steak" with vegetables and some kind of bread


Meal 3:  Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook (All*You) p. 129 "Tuna Noodle Casserole"


Meal 4:  Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook (All*You) p.  99 "Monte Cristo Sandwiches"


Dessert:  Depression Era Recipes p.119 "Aunt Dodie's Eggless Cake"


I don't know about this Depression Era Recipe book.  It is rather unusual.  But I wanted to try something out of it, but no squirrel or pheasant please!


So there it is for another week.  I highly recommend the other cookbook.  I have been pleased with everything I have ever cooked out of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment