Thursday, September 2, 2010

30-Day Song Challenge Day 16

My goodness, everything is about music tonight!  If you're interested in the original challenge, check it out here.

Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate


Probably quite a few songs fall into this category, but I know which one automatically comes to mind.  It is the song "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" from Hair.  When I was younger, I used to listen to this song a lot because the melody was haunting and the beat was fun.  I then got convicted.  "Aquarius" has blatant references to astrology, and that is something I cannot espouse as a Christian.  Even though I wasn't acting on it, I just didn't feel right.  I made it point to not play the song even when I wanted to.


So I still think it's a great song, but I won't listen to it for the reasons I've stated.  I do not want to give the Enemy a foothold.  I will not post the link to the song because of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment