Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days of Insight Day 3

Thanks again to my fellow blogger for posting this challenge.








Day 03- The five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why. 


My goodness.  That is a  tough one.   I would want "It is Well With My Soul," "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" by Sarah Brightman, "Younger Than Springtime" as sung by Placido Domingo, and "Shout to the Lord."


Now, the reasons.  My all-time favorite hymn is "It is Well With My Soul."  That is mainly due to the story behind it, and the story it tells.  For the author of this hymn to write this when he had lost his children at sea is amazing.


"Love Story"--it is kind of a promise song for my relationship with Martin.  Don't ask me why, but God always seems to speak to this song.  And I love the chord progression.


"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again"--Phantom of the Opera--need I say more?


"Younger Thank springtime"--I don't know what there is about this song, but whenever I hear a guy sing it, I go weak in the knees.  It is from the musical South Pacific if anyone is interested.


"Shout to the Lord"--an absolutely beautiful chorus!


I chose these because I just do not tire of hearing these songs.  Thankfully, since I am a singer, I could certainly sing the songs I could not have with me!



0 comments:

Post a Comment