Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sporadic Saturday--A Couple of Holiday Reviews

On Friday as I was driving home from work,  I heard my first radio Christmas music of the season!  Yes!  Two radio stations are playing all Christmas music, and my mood just soared as I drove home.  It was fantastic.

I had to make a stop at Safeway, and I thought I would take a look around and see what they might have for the holidays.  I knew they usually have holiday coffee cream.

I ended up buying two things I never had tried.  Both were Lucerne products, and so I will review them here.


The first product was Lucerne Light Eggnog.  I love  eggnog at the holidays, but the real stuff is so full of calories.  I tasted this almost the minute I got home, and I was impressed.  It had really good flavor.  I think it cost under 3 dollars for a quart.  And the  good news  is that it is 120 calories per 1/2 cup. If you want to see the nutrition info, click here.  While you could go overboard with this and drink too much, it is a nice sweet, mildly rich eggnog that at least  makes you feel like you are not being deprived.


The second product was Lucerne Peppermint White Chocolate non-dairy coffee creamer.  This was something new for me.  I have tried the chocolate and the pumpkin pie spice, but I don't remember this from last year.  Now, I realize that at 35 calories per serving might be a little steep, but the flavor is so worth it.  The mild peppermint flavor  mixes so well with the white chocolate.  Neither one stands out.  I can almost drink my coffee with no Splenda or anything else.  The flavor is perfect for this time of year, and for the size it was around 3 dollars.  I know it was on sale.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone.  You may not have a Safeway near you, but Tom Thumb often has similar products, so be sure to check it  out.  I have found most Lucerne brands that I try are very good.  I think it was their yogurt that was not my favorite, but it is possible it has been  improved by now.   Safeway's brands are usually cheaper than the name brands and have just as much good quality.

For your information, Safeway does not even know I am reviewing this product.  I plan to alert them if possible.   They did not pay me nor are they reimbursing me for this review.  These are my own ideas!

1 comment: