Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday--Veteran's Day


A busy day today all around, so this will be quick.  Martin is here, and when he heard them say "Happy Veteran's Day" on the news, he did not see the appropriateness of this greeting.  My response was that we as Americans often see this as a holiday and a day off and we forget why it was established.  I have had the pleasure of sending off packages twice to soldiers in Afghanistan and/or Iraq this year, and it always means the world to me.  I think that sometimes we as Americans forget about the great sacrifice the military and their families have made for our freedom.  Just remember.  No matter what you may think of the war, our soldiers need our prayers and respect.  Who among you would willingly give your life for your country?  I don't think I would.  But I am sure glad there are those who do!  So thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those who have served or who are serving in the U.S. military.  And thank you to their families for their support as well.

  
I have both of these and highly recommend them.  The DVD is awesome, and the CD just thrills me when I hear it.










0 comments:

Post a Comment