Friday, December 24, 2010

Fortified Friday--Featuring Two Blogs

Well, as Christmas draws near, I just don't see how I can plan out meals right now.  It's not a good time.  So I thought I would feature a couple of blogs that have given me some fantastic recipes.

Remember the post I did last week where I said I was going to make some meals from this particular blog?  (It's okay if you don't!)  It was Sherry's blog Lamp Unto My Feet.  I began following her due to her fantastic inspirational/spiritual posts.  But I happened to see this post, and I was amazed at the fantastic recipes she had posted along with the gorgeous pictures!  I have made several of her recipes with still a few to go.

The Herb-Stuffed Tomatoes were expensive to make this time of year (I splurged--they cost more than the meat!), but I really enjoyed it.  They seemed a little less seasoned than I would have liked it, but the basic idea was great.

The Lemon-Roasted Chicken was to die for!  Wow!  It cooked well, and it was so moist and tender! We will be having roast chicken a little more often.  We do have a fantastic roasting pan, and that certainly helped us.

The Old-Time Beef Stew came straight from Paula Deen.  We made a couple changes.  We used ground meat and sausage links.  It made for fantastic flavor.  We cooked it in the crock pot.  Everyone liked it!

The Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps were absolutely fantastic!  I put them on a skewer--about 6  per skewer. I used Splenda brown sugar--I always substitute that, and no one ever knows unless I tell them.  I put some Old Bay seasoning and smoked paprika on it.  We really liked the flavor.  We used peppered bacon and turkey bacon.

The Tater Tot Casserole was easy and good.  I made that to along with the tomatoes.  I knew my daughter wouldn't eat tomatoes.  I served it with peas also.  The only thing I would have changed about it was that I would add the peas to it before it went in the over--1 package would do it.

I have a couple more recipes I am going to make--2 desserts and one meal--but I have been very pleased.  Sherry knows how to find the best meals on the net!

I said I would also feature one other blog.  And it is SnoWhite of Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  She has a recipe that I wanted to do for Christmas morning, but we already have too much food as it is.  So I have now put it off to New Year's.  It is  Overnight Cinnamon Coffee Cake.  I have not had the pleasure of trying any of her recipes, but they look and sound sumptuous.  And she always has the fantastic pictures of the recipe and the process so you can know if you are doing it correctly.

So there we go.  Hope your Christmas is wonderful.  I should be able to some posting tomorrow.  Don't forget about my poll towards the bottom of my page!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my blog! What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that comment, Sherry! What a blessing to have you think about trying the recipes. I love a bunch of Sherry's recipes too and certainly get spiritually inspired by her writing as well.

    ReplyDelete