Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Twilight Tuesday--What I Taught Today

It was a great day because I was request by a teacher who is fantastic and runs a great class.  And today she had a great lesson for them. This group of middle schoolers read an article about the dangers of texting and driving.  While all these students are too young to drive, they see their parents and other drivers around them do it.  And I was reminded of a video I saw a couple years ago.  It is so graphic that it stuck with me to this day.  I don't know for sure if this is the full video, but I'm going to post it here.  I'll try to watch it again, but not right before bed.  I don't need nightmares.  Only watch this video if you are willing to see a graphic portrayal of what can happen while texting and driving.



The best thing was that one of the girls took the article home so she could show her mom.  She said her mom really has a bad habit of texting while driving.

Sorry to be grim, but I felt that maybe someone needed to see this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment