Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Lots of Thoughts

I figured I had better post this before I fell asleep.  I am pretty worn out from the week.  In fact, I have subbed in 2 districts that are as far apart as I will go for subbing!  Forty miles one way and about the same distance the other way.  The hardest thing about subbing is the differences in schedules between the schools!

I have really only said a little about things at my house between my family members.  Let me fill you in a little bit. I moved back to live with my parents a couple summers ago.  I left a good-paying job.  I came here on faith.  It seemed like everything was great.  I had renters for my house.  I had loads of interviews.  I had lots of experience teaching.  We were moving to the country--great for my daughter.  I was coming home.  My expenses would go down.  I could get my debts paid off.  My friend, Martin, would move here.  In fact, he made the decision to move and helped convince me to come.  I was somewhat unwilling at first.  But there were a lot of positives.

Let's see.  I have no full-time job, but I am a sub in 10 districts and very well-liked.  My daughter is doing really well in school and has a best friend.  I may finally have found a church after being burned by yet another church this summer.  I have learned to work outside doing all sorts of work I never would have dreamed of.  Many members of my family think I am wrong to live with my parents, and that makes things kind of tough.  My renters are unable--okay, unwilling--to pay, and I stand to lose my home in Texas.  My dad is absolute despicable man who does nothing but deceive, cheat, and be the ultimate couch potato.  He blames all of his trouble on Martin, and no one in the house wants to be around him.

So, what do you think?  Was it God's will to move?  Did I hear from God?  Well, let's see.  I knew when I moved that it was God's will.  I questioned it at times, but I know for a fact that I am where I am for a reason.  If nothing else, my daughter is happier than she has been in her life.

It's the age-old question that Job said way back when.  Shall we accept only good from God?  Can God work through bad circumstances?  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Do I need to go back and second-guess myself?

Well, I am choosing not to.  The foremost thing in my life is this:  Martin needs to be saved.  It is only God who can save him.  I can't do it.  My mom can't.  Even Martha can't. Only God knows what it will take for Martin to be saved.  And, well, I believe that this is all leading that direction.  In fact, I believe Martin will only have one option left--that of being saved.  He is not quite ready to make that declaration, but I believe he is getting closer to it.

So remember this, dear reader.  If you have been following God's will in the best way you can, don't give up when the going gets tough.  Know that you may very well be in the center of God's will.  I believe I am.  I will not give in to the lies of the enemy.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Hang in there you know God has you and hopefully all things will come together clearly in the near future.

    I posted today a linky for the Where Are You Reading participants and you can add your January recaps on this challenge if you would like.

    ReplyDelete