Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine's Day Swap Sign Up (Sign up by February 4)

All right, the results of the poll are at last in.  There were a total of 19 votes.
Here are the results:

Kid's Swap     0%
Secret Swap   5%
Book Swap    32%
Craft Swap     11%
I don't care      5%
Not at all         47%


So before our time gets away from us, we need to get this swap going.  This is totally optional, and I can only hope that if you sign up, you will make it a point to actually follow through.  Here are the rules.

1.  Send me your name and address to my e-mail (ruthaw_1974@yahoo.com) by February 4 9 P.M. Pacific time.  I just need your name and mailing address.  At this point, I am making this only open to the U.S.  If things go well with this, we may open it up internationally.


2.  In your e-mail, please list some of your interests.  If you are interested in books or music or crafts or anything else, please list that.  If you have kids, you might want to list that too.  I will let you list what you want to about yourself.  If you have a blog, please leave the link to your blog in the post. 


3.  By sending the e-mail to me, you are agreeing to spend no less than 10 dollars and no more than 15 dollars on a Valentine's Day gift for another person.  You are agreeing to send this off by February 10 if at all possible so it might arrive by Valentine's Day.  I know this swap is happening a little later than I wanted to do it, but I am still learning about all this.  So as long as this arrives by the end of the month of February to the person, we will call it good.  I will be sending your information to the person that I select.  It should work out that you will have a partner with whom you will exchange gift via mail.  


4.  Lastly, please follow through with what you say you will do.  Do not sign up if you feel you cannot do it.  I participated in 2 of these at Christmastime.  One came through wonderfully well,  The other person forgot an is supposedly sending it to me now.  It really makes it hard when people sign up and don't follow through.  I recommend some kind of delivery confirmation.  You might order it online (that's what I do!!), and delivery confirmation and/or insurance comes with the order. 

I plan to have a wrap-up post where you can post thank-yous and/or pictures to your person.  That will come probably around the end of February.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or e-mail me.  Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment