Monday, August 16, 2010

For My Home School Friends (And Anyone Else Who Wants to Read)


When I was first looking to get married, I was convinced that I wanted 8-10 kids, I would be a stay-at-home mom, and I would home school each and every one of them. When I got married, my then husband agreed with me 100 percent. I was going to be the perfect little homemaker!

I was married a year, two, three, etc.--no kids. I had graduated from college, and I was working as a teacher--something I didn't think I was cut out for. The only thing is that the more I did it, the better I became. And I started to enjoy it. I even went into public school at last, and I was going to be a real teacher with a real certificate!

My daughter was a surprise to both of us. But I knew that I couldn't quit work. I wasn't going to be able to homes school. I did have a home birth. That was one dream I saw come true.

Well, today I used the Download N Go lapbook Davy Crockett. I enjoyed the time with her, but I have to admit that I would not make it home schooling her every day!!



And I can assure you I would look worse. My daughter does so much better at school. She seems to have the temperament for school. When it is just her and me, she grows very weary of it. And I tend to get somewhat impatient because she is smarter than how she is acting.

So, to my home school friends--my hat is off to you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment